To the First of Many 🥂
While you continue to wage the endless war for Inbox Zero, you’ll now have a brief moment of rest every month while you check out the Authzed Product Update!
In addition to posting weekly blog posts, we’re now officially posting monthly wrap-ups of events and new functionality we’ve added to Authzed. We’re also giving everyone a little taste of our Slack’s random channel and all of it’s off-topic goodness.
- Joey announced a new Schema Language that replaces Zanzibar’s verbose and complex “Namespace Configs”
- The Playground also got deep semantic understanding of the Schema Language and we covered how it catches any issues in your designs
- The website got a new paint-job! Huge thanks to Kaori Ogawa for her design work
- Sam teased our Zanzibar round-up from Jake’s Papers We Love presentation
- We started exploring Authzed Connect – the ability to check permissions against external sources like Stripe, Salesforce, GitHub, or your pre-existing Postgres database.
- Jake led our first scheduled maintenance which went off without a hitch. It’s not our first rodeo
- Jimmy cut the first release of a Java client for everyone stuck with JVM languages
- Joey cut the first release of a NodeJS client along with TypeScript headers
- Lookup found its way into all of the v0 client libraries
- We co-hosted a developer happy hour in NYC. Keep an eye on Twitter for future invites!
- We post our first Product Update. You’re reading it now!
Entropy from #random
- Sam got a new app for his M1 laptop. The rest of us still have 0 problems hearing our laptop fans spin.
- AWS Infinidash was a flash in the pan. Journalists ruin everything, huh?
- Speaking of trends, Van Leeuwen now makes Mac & Cheese Ice Cream!
Trends may come and go, but there’s one thing that will always be there for you: bash scripts:
bash for president pic.twitter.com/CpIQh23az1— memenetes (@memenetes) June 21, 2021