Spring has sprung!
The season is changing. There's the new growth where there was nothing before. Taking inspiration from mother nature, this month the team at Authzed built out a variety of new functionality.
Major highlights include:
- Cloud Spanner datastore supporting performant, planet-scale SpiceDB clusters
- Thumper, our load monitoring tool, was rewritten to be fully scriptable for emulating different workloads
- The HTTP API is now available for all permission systems on Authzed.com
ICYMI: in addition to posting weekly blog posts, we're now officially posting monthly wrap-ups of events and new functionality we've added to Authzed. We're also giving everyone a little taste of our Slack's random channel and all of it's off-topic goodness.
- SpiceDB v1.5.0 was released adding support for Cloud Spanner
- Zed v0.4.1 was released adding transparent prefix rewriting to
Authzed.com / Authzed Enterprise
- The HTTP API is now being run on Authzed.com
- Multi-tenancy is now enforced with more granular permissions
- The dashboard now reloads correctly on email validation
- SpiceDB Enterprise migrations are now unified into one revision value
- Empty schemas are now valid input to the v1.WriteSchema API
- Thumper, the load monitoring tool, was rewritten to be fully scriptable for emulating different workloads
- The playground got many bug fixes focusing on YAML exporting and improved error reporting
Blogs / Talks
- We highlighted how to use our HTTP API powered by gRPC Gateway
- Jimmy was featured to talk about the SpiceDB community on CommonRoom's Perfect 10
- Our HeavyBit interview is now available on YouTube
- Continuing to detail how SpiceDB permission checks work, Joey covered intersections and exclusions
Entropy from #random
- Simon Peyton Jones left Microsoft Research
- We read about how SPAs were a mistake, but we'll keep relaxing in our's
- NYC is getting its first taste of Raising Cane's
- We started playing with the glorified bookmarks known as go links
- Konami discovered the power of emulation and announced TMNT remasters
- None of us can ever remember cron syntax even with help
- The US Senate finally unanimously agreed on something: DST policy. XKCD always has a relevant comic
- We reminisced after reading the SoFuckingAgile's Indispensablibility post
- Spoken launched to the dismay of many popular furniture retailers
- Beer can now be brewed with 0 carbs. We still have no idea how
- Okta got breached. Okta & Auth0 users should follow their updates on the matter.
- Our friends at Dagger had their public launch!
- Google Docs FINALLY supports markdown
- We were horrified by the results non-SpiceDB users are getting from their permissions check: