Authzed’s First Anniversary
Can you believe it? It’s been a whole year since Jake, Joey, and I left Red Hat to found Authzed. While it was pretty ambitious for us to start a company during a global pandemic, what else were we supposed to do while we were stuck inside?
We’ve accomplished a lot over the past year, but I thought I’d include some highlights:
- We completed the Winter ‘21 batch of YCombinator
- We closed our seed round just shy of $4M
- We open sourced SpiceDB, our Zanzibar-inspired permissions database
- Remember DevTable? This time we built a Web IDE for permissions systems
- Sam & Evan joined the team and we had our first company on-site in NYC
Reading this list back, I couldn’t be more proud of us. It’s only going to be onward and upward from here. With that being said, September was our biggest and most exciting month yet!
Are you out of the loop? In addition to posting weekly blog posts, we’re now officially posting monthly wrap-ups of events and new functionality we’ve added to Authzed. We’re also giving everyone a little taste of our Slack’s random channel and all of it’s off-topic goodness.
Sign up for monthly updates
Receive monthly product updates and a sampling of off-topic goodness.
- Sam became a father! Welcome Penny to the Authzed fam!
- SpiceDB was open sourced!!! We hit #1 trending on GitHub!
- Everyone worked tirelessly to ship a brand-new, stable v1 API.
- SpiceDB now supports configuring consistency per-request
- Developers integrating with SpiceDB now have a GitHub Action for testing
- Our command-line tool, zed, got a clean up and is shipping stable releases
- Evan built a test-suite to guarantee resilience to the New Enemy problem
Entropy from #random
- Intuit is buying MailChimp! Will we be able to send next month’s update without lobbying the government first? We’ll find out!
- We’ve always been Python fans, but if Homebrew added this functionality, we’d be stoked!
- The meaning to life, the RIAA’s greatest nightmare, the Authzed souce code: everything can be found in the digits of π!
- Remember the last time you logged into Facebook? Me neither:
Time to reset the counter pic.twitter.com/xXMCAmY75h— Jen Gentleman 🌺 (@JenMsft) October 4, 2021